Saline Area Schools is proud to announce an increase in the rate of pay for our substitutes.
Effective Monday, February 1, 2021 substitute teachers in Saline will receive $110.00 for a full day of school and $55.00 for a half day. In addition, substitute paraeducators will earn $90.00 for a full day of school and $45.00 for a half day.
Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources Curt Ellis said, “We know that maintaining an adequate number of substitute teachers and paraeducators is essential to meeting the educational needs of our students. We are extremely fortunate to have a core group of dedicated substitutes and it is very important that those substitutes know how appreciative we are. That being said, in order to ensure continuity of operations we must increase the pool of substitutes.”
Substitutes in Saline are employed by EDUStaff, an educational staffing company that specializes in training and providing quality substitute teachers and paraeducators. Becoming a substitute provides many benefits for individuals at all stages of life. Here are just a few of the benefits:
- Flexible schedule to accept assignments when you want.
- Work in your child or grandchild’s school.
- Make a positive difference in your community.
- Get a foot in the door at a school district as your potential future employer.
Per Michigan law, applicants must have one (1) of the following to become a substitute teacher:
- Current Michigan Teaching Certificate.
- Expired Michigan Teaching Certificate.
- 60+ credit hours from an accredited community college, or an accredited college or university with no less than a 2.0 GPA verified with official transcripts (acceptance of this minimum is at the discretion of each individual school district). Note: Requires a $45.00 substitute teaching permit applied for by EDUStaff
- Out of State Teaching Certificate with transcripts showing 60+ credit hours from an accredited community college, or an accredited college or university with no less than a 2.0 GPA.
- In addition, anyone working in a K-12 setting must be fingerprinted and pass a criminal history background check.
This is an open invitation to join our dedicated team committed to educating the students of Saline Area Schools. If you are interested in applying, please click HERE. Feel free to contact the Saline Area Schools Human Resources Department if you have any questions.