Total credits required for graduation from Saline High School: Class of 2015 - 2018 - 27 credits
- English - 4 credits - English 9, English 10, choice of English 11 (British Literature or Literature & Society, Tech Writing or AP Language and Composition) and one additional English credit
- Social Studies - 3 credits - World History, U.S. History, Economics and Government OR AP Government
- Mathematics - 4 credits - Algebra 1, Geometry (or Geometry Fundamentals), Advanced Algebra (or Algebra 2 Fundamentals) One math course must be taken during the student's senior year--may include select courses outside of the Mathematics Department as approved by the State of Michigan and the Saline Area School District.
- Science - 3 credits - Biology OR Agriscience Biology, Chemistry OR Physical Science OR Physics and one additional Science credit
- Health - 1/2 credit
- Physical Education - 1 credit
- Technology - 1 credit
- Visual, Performing or Applied Arts - 1 credit
- World Language - 2 credits (beginning with the Class of 2016)
**Each graduating student must complete the SAT Plus Writing Test, and the ACT Work Keys Test with a reasonable best effort.
Students are classified by grade level according to credits. Classifications are as follows:
- Freshman - less than 6 credits
- Sophomore - 6 - 12 credits - Incoming Sophomore must have 6 credits
- Junior -12.5 - 19 credits - Incoming Junior must have 12.5 credits
- Senior - 19.5 or more credits - Incoming Senior must have 19.5 credits