Build A House
The Building Trades program prepares a student for employment in the construction industry. There is much for the student to learn in the field, and the immense diversity of career opportunities makes this industry one of the most interesting and challenging.
The Building Trades class prepares the student with entry level skills needed for employment through the actual construction of a house.
The specific areas of study include: site preparation, job site safety, dry wall, masonry, finish carpentry, rough carpentry, painting and wall covering, heating, plumbing, construction technique, wiring, insulation, management skills, and employability skills.
- A solid foundation in math skills is needed, geometry is recommended.
- Articulation exists so that students can earn college credit with Washtenaw Community College
- Enrolled students will have the opportunity to compete at SkillsUSA competitions.
- This is a full year class offered in the morning (AM) and in the afternoon (PM)
- Prerequisite: Grade 11-12
Please watch our Building Trades Video
If you have questions please email: Matt Hagood